Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Quilt Continues

I have been so busy lately between my family stuff and general stuff so I haven't been able to sew for most of the week but I am proud to say that I have finally managed to finish another section of the quilt for my mum and dad in law for Christmas.

Why is it that whenever you sew the same quilt for the second time it seems so much longer and harder to do.  I guess you try to perfect your first one.

And why is that no matter how hard you try you can never manage to make it perfect with every square lining up.  Oh well I guess that is the beauty of a home made quilt in the end.  It does look good though I feel comfortable to say hehehe.

Mumma Bear (my mum in law) really likes Beiges and Reds so I hope that I do hit the nail on the head with this one :)

Wish I could work on it more but I have my daughter's birthday party this weekend as well as a photoshoot for my neice tonight.  It's her formal for the end of year 12.  Oh how they grow up quickly.  One day I will spin around and find my own children all grown up just like my niece and nephews who I used to bounce on my knee at one time.

Current Progress photo below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment