Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Beginning to look alot like Christmas

Well almost but who said I couldn't start early this year.

I finished an Advent Calendar today and I am working on a wallhanging as well which I found in a quilting magazine and decided to copy.  If you want some great ideas for christmas, go to your local newsagency and pick up some craft books.  You get some great ideas from them.



Here is mine that I am working on.  And that's my beautiful daughter holding it for me in one of the photos.



The Advent Calendar was an accident.  I was going to spotlight to grab some more material for a boarder for the wallhanging when I found some wonderful christmas material with pictures and off my imagination went.  

I quilted fabric and backing as the basis of the Calendar.  I didn't use any rules in particular.  Just sewed ontop of it in every direction and got a really great mix match quilt pattern ontop.  There are names for all the different types of quilting but I'm not that experienced in quilting yet to remember them hahaha.


Now the numbers were a pain.  I found the best way was to use a number stencil and felt and cut them out one by one and glued them to my pictures one by one.


Each picture had to have the sides ironed so the edges are all nice and tidy.  Allot of work but well worth the finishing result.

Then I pinned the pictures into place so that I knew where to sew them.  So hard to get them straight but I did the best I could and in the end have a fantastic Advent Calendar ready for treats for our family for the christmas countdown.

And Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Here we are.  All ready and hanging for Christmas.  After I added the boarder offcourse.  Definately worth the effort.







No comments:

Post a Comment