Friday, August 19, 2011

Block 2 Completed

Well I must say that I'm learning more and more as I go.  It is definately not easy and every block is hard work not to mention that I am learning more about Applique and it's techniques as I continue.

I brought some freezer paper and starch so for my next block I am trying a new technique with those products and the iron.  Up to now I have been ironing my material freehand before I stitch it on which is still leaving sharp corners instead of nice rounded lines so hopefully I will break this cycle with block three. 

I really want to do a good job on the next block because it includes the bride.  The inspirational woman who created this amazing quilt and the one person none of us will ever get to know because about 160 years ago she created her very own bridal quilt and never got married to that special groom who was intended for her.

I wonder what happened!  My theory is that her groom might have got killed in the Civil War therefore never made it back to marry but I guess we will never know.

Anyway, here is my block 2.

BLOCK 2

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for your next blocks. I think you've done wonderful for a newcomer to applique and you're making up the pattern as you go which isn't easy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete